Oct 10, 2011

Back on the Blog Wagon?

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to make any promises. Still, it's been a long time since I made regular postings, and I am feeling a bit disconnected from parts of the world, so I've decided to give a shot at posting little snippets from my life...again.

Today is another typical, crazy-busy day. I'm getting ready to leave the country for a conference in Cairns (Australia), so I have to finish up the week's work in just 2 days. And there is a TON of work! Tonight, our company is meeting with the IFC (local branch of the World Bank) to talk about moving forward together in a new project initiative. Tonight is the fun part, the celebration, and we will be dining out at the local Japanese (tepen-yaki) restaurant. Tomorrow the work starts, with more in-depth discussions, review of financial needs, and a couple of hours of elbow grease. I think it is actually going to be fun, and I can't wait to get started. This afternoon, however, I have to create a PowerPoint presentation (wish I could talk him into Prezi instead!) for one of the company directors who is making a presentation at the Mining and Logistics Conference in Cairns. I am actually looking forward to that event as well, as much for the break as for the business opportunities it affords us.

Well, now that I've finished my Big Rooster lunch, and checked out a couple of social networking sites, I guess it's time to get back to that LONG to-do list. Apinun!

No comments:

Post a Comment