Mar 18, 2010

Afternoon Meeting

The afternoon meeting went well and I am starting to get a real feel for the details of the business I am participating in. I built a new website for one of the entities and uploaded it yesterday, but won't share the link until I get real information posted on Friday. It's a simple one, but I think it will meet our needs.

A traffic incident and a pedestrian injury (I was not involved) ruined the rest of my day since it involved my car and driver. I believe my wanderings about town have come to an end. I was a bit depressed, but friends' reassurances and updates later in the evening helped out.

Busy days ahead as I split my days into sections of 6 hour increments to tackle my 3 commitments: school, ExxonMobil, and my new business venture. Every day is the one I hope will have my EM laptop and my textbooks arriving. They are in country now, but have yet to be delivered. I have a lot to do before leaving for Kutubu on Monday, and returning here Wednesday. My final decision about whether to return to PNG in June will take place when I get home in May and can sit down to discuss with my company players (husband Leo and daughter Rebecca), but my current feeling is that this is the place where I am supposed to be at this point in my life. If things hold like this for the next 7 weeks, I will be chomping at the bit to get back here in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment