Mar 22, 2010

Leo Leaving for Nigeria

When I talked to Leo earlier this morning (1:30am for me, 10:30am yesterday for him) he was packing for his trip. I thought I was going to be able to avoid the feelings of resentment I get when he leaves the country this time. I mean, I'm not even home to see him! But, I was wrong. I'm already feeling resentful. I have really enjoyed speaking to him EVERY SINGLE DAY from here. When he is in Nigeria, that communication slows down to bursts and spurts via email, and virtually no voice communication at all. So...I am already feeling the "loss" of his leaving.

The good news is that the next time he returns home, he has just a few days to prepare for my coming home as well. So, we are both looking forward to the end of April/first of May with extremely eager anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment